Saturday 5 March 2011

Retweeting and following

Tweeters are a friendly lot and already I feel welcome in the community, though discovering one has "followers" is initially a slightly weird experience.  I'm now following 9 Tweeters, including the Chemistry Department (haven't investigated other departments yet), and I've encouraged people to see the BL's Evolving English exhibition, by retweeting someone else's tweet (it really is an excellent exhibition, by the way). I've also replied to some tweets by 23 Things participants by reminding the tweeters that they're not nearly as far behind in the programme as I am.  It's all about supporting colleagues and sharing information, and fits in with the name of my blog.  Yes, I can see that Twitter might have potential for me in a work situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment